Castofix, the optimal handling system for liquid metal crucibles in casting operations.
Our close cooperation with the aluminium processing industry has led to the development of practical products and solutions that meet customers’ everyday needs and take the overall economic context into account. One result of this process is the development of a mobile crucible tilting device.
Some 50 percent of the aluminium alloys needed by today’s foundries are still deployed as block material owing to a lack of options for the direct processing of molten aluminium, and need to be re-melted before use. That means that energy in the order of 600-1200kWh/tonne needs to be consumed a second time, while aluminium oxidation leads to a repeated metal loss of 1.5-5%. Moreover, the use of a smelting furnace entails elevated capital expenditures in procurement, as well as high maintenance and operating costs throughout the service life of the furnace.
Bartz has already broken new ground in the field of liquid metal technology when it comes to handling and operating crucibles, and with our new Castofix solution we aim to further enhance the flexibility of foundry operations and enable manufacturers to use liquid metal, which is a more cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution.
The benefits of Castofix
- A self-driving crucible tilting device (for crucibles containing 5-6 tonnes of liquid metal) with an electric motor
- No pollutant emissions
- Very compact and robust design
- Easy to use (requires only one hour of training)
- Compatible with other components in our portfolio (e.g. heating stations)
- Sold directly by the manufacturer
- All components used comply with Western European standards